Monday, January 20, 2014

I'm baaaack! Just revamped!

I know it has been quite some time since my last blog post.  I took a very lengthy hiatus.  In the mean time my son's health has greatly improved and I had a daughter to add to our crazy madness.  My family is living in the middle of nowhere California and we listen to jets all day and night.

That is the reason for the new path of the blog.  I am continuing to coupon.  Not nearly as regularly as I would like but it is still happening.  Our new location presents it's own challenges so I thought this would be a perfect time to strike the blog back up.  I know a lot of other people/ families are in our same situation and I thought it would be nice to share to help give some ideas to keep it creative and fun in the kitchen, with the kids, keep the grocery bill down and keep the crazy OUT!

We live in the middle of nowhere.  The nearest actual city is Fresno which is almost an hour away.  There is a commissary on base that we can shop at although it is very small and has a limited selection.  We are lucky though because there are two small towns not far from us.

The blog will now be focused more on saving outside of the city, economical healthy meal ideas and recipes, and art of course.

I really enjoy all of those things immensely.  I love to save money.  I love to cook and cooking things that taste great and are healthy are my favorite.  I also love art.  Many, many forms of art.  I have always loved photography (so expect some photo hacks).  I learned crochet a few years ago and now work as a tester for an amazing pattern designer and I have my own shop on Etsy to sell my handmade items.  I learned how to knit during the holidays- or I should say I am LEARNING.  :)  With life, and especially art, you are always learning.  A wise man once told me that when you feel you know it all then you have closed your mind. There was a lot more to it but I won't get in to that today.

No comments:

Post a Comment