Friday, January 24, 2014

Bonjour Jolie~ January Box

It came!  It came!  I am so excited that my first Bonjour Jolie box has arrived!  

I know why so much excitement right?  Time to turn your period upside down.  No more awkward standing in front of a gigantic selection of every known pad, tons of tampons, the who knows boxes that you try not to stop to read in fear someone may think you are trying to buy them.  You can have your supplies delivered right to your mailbox without ever having to leave your house.  PLUS included with your monthly supplies you get goodies.  Lots of goodies.  Stuff to take care of yourself during your time of the month and stuff to pamper yourself and extras like jewelry, beauty items etc!  
So that is a little about Bonjour Jolie.  If you would like more information you can go to their site here.  


Back to my box!  



This is the grand opening!  Inside the box when you open it you are greeted with cheeky pink tissue that is wrapped around all of your goodies and held together with a Bonjour Jolie sticker.  (I managed to open mine without ripping it!)




Once inside there is a card explaining all of your items.  Your road map per se.  I made the image extra large so it is easy to read.  I have allergies so my contents are slightly varied.  I did not receive the Lorna Doone cookies for example (which I don't mind at all).  Instead I received a small package of 3 Lindt Truffles which I love and my son spirited away before I could get a photo. 



The take care of yourself goods- a heat pad for on the go comfort, Advil and Playtex wipes.  I will put the Advil in our guest basket in our bathroom as I don't use it but I am sure one of my guests will.  My husband gets a lot of use out of the heat pads so I am very thankful for it.  As for the wipes I've never used them so I guess it is time to test them out huh?  

 The pampering stuff.  In my box I received 100% Argon oil which I hear is supposed to be bliss!  I also received Brown Sugar & Fig bath salts which will be amazing for a sweet soak- or to get high as a kite and turn in to a zombie.  Just kidding, just kidding.  Do not use bath salts as a drug.  Ever.  I have had some experience with it (not personal use of course) and it is a terrible idea and in pretty much every instance it leads to death- whether it is the user, a poor bystander or a furry little deer that once lived in the forest areas aboard Camp Lejeune.  Not kidding- leave the bath salts where they belong- in baths.
I was really excited about the Seattle Chocolates this month!  I was totally right to be excited too!  They are AMAZING!  I really loved the Toffee flavor.  You see I used past tense.  That is right they are gone.  Don't judge me!
The TEAS!  I am not a huge coffee or tea drinker.  I guess I am a bit of a liar.  I enjoy both but not often.  I especially love green tea and peach teas and it is hard to find peach that is not sweetened.  I'm sorry to all of those sweet tea drinkers but I just can't do it.  After living in North Carolina for three years I still order my tea "unsweetened please" here in California which confuses the heck out of people!  



The pretties!  These are special hair pins imported from Japan!  I think they are really pretty and I am excited to add them to my daughter's collection!  The roses are soap!!  No really!  They are Moroccan Soap Petals.  I plan on putting these in our guest bathroom.  They smell really good and are really pretty.
 This is my Lavender & Vanilla Sachet.  I really love the purple.  I haven't opened it yet but I definitely have a place for it!  


 The "supplies" come in their own little supply bag.  I love the zebra print.  It is fun and chic.  I order Instead Softcups so it is hugely convenient to get them through my TOM box.  They can be hard to find sometimes and considering I have used them ten years now I don't plan on switching anytime soon.  Questions about Softcups?  I don't mind doing a post on them if anyone is interested.

Overall, I am very satisfied with my box.  I was very excited to get it and it turned out I had a really great reason to be excited.  I really look forward to my February box!  The one thing I really like about it is that I get to try out different items I wouldn't normally buy on my own or small shops I have never heard of.  Let me tell you I am waiting on Leccare Lollipops to open their shop back up.  I'm stalking them after seeing their lollipops in a YouTube unboxing video I watched!  (Yes you can be an adult and be excited about lollipops.  These are grown up lollipops with some amazing flavors!)

This is a subscription service and each box mails out before your personal time of the month so that it arrives in time.  You can subscribe here if you want to get this awesome box delivered to your door too!  The cost is actually very reasonable.  If you are a military family let them know and you can get free shipping to military addresses!  

2 comments:

  1. This looks really nice!! Your box looks a little beat up though, darn mailmen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might have been because the box was super full of stuff. I won't complain about that! None of my items were damaged at all and as you can see there are some really pretty (and fragile) soap flowers that survived the cross country trip.

    ReplyDelete