Friday, February 7, 2014

Bonjour Jolie February Box!



I was really excited last month to receive my first Bonjour Jolie box.  My second box came this week. It definitely did not disappoint!  This month's theme was "For the Love of Chocolate".  Can you argue with that?  Umm, NO!  "This February, indulge in chocolate.  Bathe in it, drink in it, eat it!"

Down to it.  If you missed my last post about Bonjour Jolie you might wonder what the fuss is about. Bonjour Jolie is a premium subscription box exclusively for women to be pampered on their period. Pretty awesome if you ask me!  No more last minute crazy runs to the store, have everything you need shipped right to your door!  Convenient, affordable, awesome and the perk you need during your cycle!

Here is the open view!  It is shipped in a discrete envelope to ensure your privacy.  Even the box is discrete.  I kept last month's box and filled it with my supplies to put it under the sink in my bathroom.  I am doing the same this month.  One more bathroom to go then a box for the trunk of the car!


The Gift
Silver Heart Locket Necklace
This lovely silver locket necklace is perfect to wear alone or showcase your favorite picture inside!  MSRP $16




The Edibles
Russell Stover Chocolate
This heart is for the true chocolate lovers in your life.  It's a chocolate explosion in your mouth, covering a decadent fruit cream or truffle center.  MSRP $4 RussleStover.com

Double Decker Moon Pie
DId you know Mardi Gras is celebrated over two months in the south?  For over 50 years the Moon Pie has been a traditional sweet eaten during Mardi Gras and an American pastime.  It consists of two thick graham cracker cookies sandwiched between a gooey marshmallow filling and dipped in dark chocolate.  MSRP $1.50.  MoonPie.com

Stash Chocolate Teas
In earlier centuries, tea was a valuable commodity traditionally transported by clipper ships.  The ship's captain often was presented with some of the finest teas for his personal use.  this supply was his "stash" stowed carefully as his "private reserve".  MSRP $1.50 stashtea.com



The Pampering
New Zealand Chocolate Truffle Bath Salts
Made with 100% pure NZ Pacific Sea Salt harvested from the Cook Straight between NZ's North and South Islands.  The water is evaporated using the natural process of sun and wind, then at the end of each summer the salt is gathered for use.  MSRP $3  bonjourjolie.com/shop

Chocolate Lip Balm
Drench your lips in chocolate and cocoa butter!  This custom made lip balm will moisturize those chapped winter lips while bringing the scent and flavor of chocolate to your mouth.  MSRP $4  bonjourjolie.com/shop

Chocolate Decadence Candles
Hand poured soy candles scented in a deep chocolate scent.  The fragrance fills the whole house with the aroma of sweet chocolate.  MSRP $1

Chocolate Minted Hand Soaps
These hand soaps are hand made with natural ingredients, mint and chocolate essential oils!  MSRP $1  bonjourjolie.com/shop

Epille Feminine Wipes
Lightly scented to provide you with fresh and clean feel anywhere, anytime, especially during your period.  The flush-able wipes contain gentle ingredients and they are great for everyday use by the entire family.  Individually wrapped for on-the-go convenience.  MSRP $1 Kareway.com




The "Supplies"
You can choose what ever brand you like.  That is the point right?  All the awesomeness plus the supplies you need for the month.  You get 25 items of your choice.  Another great way to use the subscription is to test out new products!

I order SoftCups and pads.  I never know which pads to get.  I've used SoftCups for 10 years so the convenience of being able to have them delivered is absolutely amazing.  Sometimes they are a little hard to find so if I forget to pick them up sometimes it is a hassle.  This makes the subscription even more perfect!  They are wrapped in chic paper bags which is not only stylish but discrete.  Just pull them out of the bag as you need them!

Here is the list from Bonjour Jolie:

We strive to carry all commercially available brands sold in the USA. Including:
  • Kotex
  • U by Kotex
  • StayFree
  • Always: Always, Always Infinity, Always Radiant Infinity*
  • Tampax: Tampax Radiant, Tampax Cardboard, Tampax Pearl, Tampax Active
  • Playtex: Playtex Gentle Glide, Playtex Sport
  • Ob Tampons
  • Softcup: Disposable Menstrual Cups
  • NatraCare Organic

There you have it!  I tried the Red Velvet tea and it was good iced!  You could definitely taste the cream cheese frosting coming through which I was very skeptical about.  It tasted more like Red Velvet cake than the last thing I tried from the commissary bakery! (Sadly not kidding.)  The box was filled with fabric rose petals.  I think it was a super cute touch!  I took a photo of them but the heart I made with them looked a little more like a blob.  My son immediately attacked my chocolate.  He loves hearts so hearts + chocolate= my son is in love!  I am typically not a jewelry person but this necklace is very pretty.  I plan on wearing it to dinner for Valentine's Day this year.  This year my husband and I are taking our kids out and doing something special for them.  Our little mini dates.  I can't wait to use the chocolate bath salts.  I am a sucker for sweet smelling bath products.  I plan on keeping one of my soaps for when we have guests.  The poor Moon Pie never made it past the kitchen counter.  I gobbled it up!  I never was big on them but I've been in love with S'mores recently and well, that is all a moon pie is really!  YUM!  The next best yum was the lip balm!  I always stick to two favorites that I have used for years because a lot of lip balms are either greasy, sticky or the flavor is horrible.  This lip balm is NONE of these!  It goes on nice and smooth and has an awesome light chocolate scent.  It works well and doesn't get sticky after being worn.  I am currently hiding it so my son doesn't steal it!  He approves too! Even my little daughter wanted to try a little!

The subscription is $16 a month.  You can have it set to arrive JUST when you need it.  They are shipping internationally too if you are out of the country!  Don't forget that they offer free shipping to military addresses!  E-mail them for more information.

If you are interested in subscribing too (and if you have a period you should seriously consider it) you can do so by going here:  Subscribe: Bonjour Jolie!



(My review is unbiased I am not compensated for my reviews of this product.  It is a subscription I received for Christmas and I LOVE it!)

7 comments:

  1. very interested... never heard of this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Courtney I highly recommend it! There are a few different companies out there that do the TOM (time of the month) boxes but I chose Bonjour Jolie because they have a ties to the Marine Corps. (Don't quote me but I believe she was a Marine herself!) In any case, she and I share a mutual friend who introduced me to the company a few months ago but I was too early postpartum with Viv to have a subscription. For Christmas David subscribed me as a gift so I am super thrilled! He is actually the one who remembered!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh I like this one even better than last months, AUGH! I want mine to come now...crazy I know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt that way about January's box! I found a spoiler online before mine arrived so I was anxious to get it! I stalked the mail person who probably thought I was crazy to be waiting to get bills every day!

      Delete
    2. I am a mailman stalker too....lol I lov emy subbie boxes!!

      Delete
  4. I read her husband was in the Marines, not her. But I don't know where the interview I read went too. I would ask them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Turns out they were BOTH in the Marine Corps! A huge thank you to both of them for their service and for the sacrifices they made for our country! It shows how much fortitude she had especially though because the Marines is not Camp Cupcake for women!

      Delete